Mr. Rogers was born and raised in New Albany, Mississippi. He is the sixth generation of the Rogers family to reside in Union County.
Mr. Rogers graduated as valedictorian from New Albany High School, formerly known W.P. Daniel High School, in 1999. Following high school, Mr. Rogers attended the University of Mississippi.
Upon graduation from the University of Mississippi in 2004, he earned a bachelor’s degree in Banking and Finance and the distinction of magna cum laude. After obtaining his bachelor’s degree, Mr. Rogers began law school at the University of Mississippi. Following completion of his first year of law school at the University of Mississippi, Mr. Rogers attended summer school at Cambridge University’s Faculty of Law in Cambridge, United Kingdom.
In 2005, Mr. Rogers was accepted to participate in the Accelerator Summer Business Institute program taught by the Owen Graduate School of Management at Vanderbilt University. Mr. Rogers successfully completed this program then returned to law school in the fall of 2005. Mr. Rogers received his Juris Doctorate in 2007 and, thereafter, passed the Mississippi Bar Examination becoming licensed to practice law in the State of Mississippi in October, 2007.
Mr. Rogers currently serves as the attorney for the Union County Board of Supervisors. He is also the Union County Youth Court Referee. He has, in the past, served as a municipal attorney. Mr. Rogers has been a member of local civic organizations and has served as a board member and/or past president of the same. Mr. Rogers was rated Rising Star in the Mid-South by Super Lawyers® in 2016 and as one of the 10 Best Attorneys in Mississippi by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys in 2017.
Community Involvement and Distinctions:
- Member of the First United Methodist Church
- Member of New Albany Rotary Club
- Past President of Union County Habitat for Humanity
- Board member for Dean Provence Endowment for Excellence
- Eagle Scout
Professional Capacities and Honors:
- Attorney for the Union County Board of Supervisors
- Attorney for the Union County Development Association
- Youth Court Referee of Union County, Mississippi
- Former Public Defender of Union County, Mississippi
- Former Attorney for the Town of Blue Springs, Mississippi
- Rated Rising Star in the Mid-South by Super Lawyers®
- Rated 10 Best Attorneys in Mississippi by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
Licensed to Practice Law:
- All state courts in Mississippi
- Federal District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- Federal District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals